November 5, 2007

Cheaters

My host family and I have worked out a pretty sweet arrangement. The six-year old, Geraldine, helps me with my spanish homework at night and I am helping my host mom download the cliffnotes to Anna Karenina in Spanish. Her book club meets this Friday and she hasn´t had tiime to actually read the book. Geraldine is pretty good with conjugating the present tense in Spanish although she tends to write her ´S´s backwards. That will be hard to explain to my profesors. When she gets bored with helping I have to bribe her with candy or pieces of my Halloween costume (I was a witch).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a great blog!! I love reading your adventures with the host family and learning all about the area. MOM

Anonymous said...

Do they have a version of Thanksgiving? I think the Day of the Dead is a great idea, otherwise people could be forgotten. Have you watched MTV in spanish yet? Weird.

Heidi